Desperately seeking… Would you like to work with me at The Natural Wedding Company writing blog features?
Charlie / 2 February 2014
For regular readers of the blog you’ll probably know that I recently threw my life into chaos with the arrival of my first baby at the end of last summer – albeit delightful chaos! Having spent the past 5 months adjusting, I’m now looking forward to 2014 and what my lovely business needs…
It needs you!
If you love writing, and fancy getting some experience by writing for my blog then I’d love you to read on – perhaps you’re just the person I’m looking for.
I am on the hunt for an intern/colleague/enthusiastic individual who has about 5 hours a week that they’d like to spend writing blog features for The Natural Wedding Company.
On The Natural Wedding Company directory we have over 300 lovely wedding businesses that we work with. We do our best to share and showcase what they do here on the blog, so I’m looking for a dedicated person to create those blog features and liaise with our recommended suppliers.
I’m looking for someone to work with me, not for me.
Who Am I Looking For?
- With a genuine interest in what The Natural Wedding Company is all about, both weddings and our ethos.
- Who is a creative writer with great attention to detail.
- Who has a friendly but professional email manner.
- With experience of editing and resizing pictures.
- With previous experience writing blog features (this is a bonus, but not necessarily essential).
- Who has knowledge and experience of using WordPress (this would be a big plus, but again not necessarily essential).
- Based in the UK – this is because I would like the opportunity to meet up with you.
What Can I Give You?
I’m hoping that in return, I can give you…
- Experience writing for a wedding website and blog that receives around 150,000 page views a month.
- An opportunity to work with a wide variety of wedding businesses and suppliers.
- The chance to meet up with me (good food is guaranteed!), expenses paid, and I’m more than happy to have my brains picked about all things wedding, blogging and small business related.
- The possibility of future opportunities working for The Natural Wedding Company.
- Once I get to know you, I will be more than happy to hear what you’d like additional experience in that I might be able to provide or help with.
How Can You Apply?
Step 1 – Write me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling me why you’d like to work with me and addressing all of the ‘who am I looking for?’ criteria outlined above. Add in anything extra that you think I would like to know, such as a bit more about you. As I am looking for someone who is a natural at writing professional yet friendly emails, your email will form part of your application. Please include your first and surname.
I’d like all initial email applications to be in by Friday 28th February 2014.
Step 2 – Once I’ve received your email I’ll send you details of a sample blog feature I’d like you to draft – it’s really important for me to see how you write and put together a blog post, so this will be of great help to me.
Step 3 – I will email everyone who applies to let you know whether you’ve been successful or not.
I can’t wait to hear from you and am hopeful that I will find a wonderful new friend and colleague.
Categories: TNWC News
Seasonal wedding ideas:
Browse the blog:
Brides Sign Up
Sign up and save your favourite businesses, add ideas to your wedding wish list and receive beautiful inspiration straight to your inbox