Who we are and why we love natural weddings...
The Natural Wedding Company is the definitive resource for planning a natural, eco-friendly wedding. We have been championing eco-friendly wedding suppliers since 2007. Our innovative online directory is designed to connect engaged couples with a range of beautiful artisan suppliers who genuinely care about their impact on the environment.
With an ethos that celebrates independent local businesses and seasonal weddings that blend effortlessly into their surroundings, we aim to give engaged couples the tools they need to create timeless, eco-chic celebrations that reflect their love and commitment to one another without placing unnecessary strain on the natural world.
As well as a directory full of high quality suppliers with impeccable eco-credentials, The Natural Wedding Company blog offers a wealth of inspiration and ideas. From wedding features brimming with handmade details and posts packed full of the very best suppliers to our popular series of real bride diaries, you'll find everything you need to make sure your wedding is naturally beautiful and filled with meaning.
Charlie Burton - Founder
I am currently travelling through Europe fulltime with my husband and two young daughters in a renovated motorhome.
"Without realising it, I’ve loved weddings ever since I was a little girl. My Sylvanian Families were forever getting married and Tom Teddy and Rosie Rabbit used to wed regularly on the staircase at home, their fellow toys lining the steps to form an aisle.
Years later, my passion was reignited by an American book about organic weddings. With a growing interest in environmental issues, I set about researching companies in the UK that offered eco-friendly wedding products or services.
From this foundation, The Natural Wedding Company has grown to become the top eco-friendly wedding directory in the UK, now in its 11th year.
In May 2011, Nick and I planned our own natural wedding. Set amidst the beautiful Gloucestershire countryside, both the planning process and the day itself made me even more passionate about helping others to create celebrations that complement nature, its seasons and the stunning bounty they produce."
Our wedding was featured in County Living magazine in 2012. You can see photos and discover more about our natural wedding here.
Our Eco Policy
- The Natural Wedding Company has an account with co-operative lending society, Shared Interest. The money we deposit helps them provide fair trade farmers and artisans in the developing world with finance to improve their livelihoods.
- We make an annual donation to the charity Cool Earth, an organisation that works with indigenous communities to halt rainforest destruction.
- As a business, we keep printing to a minimum and use only recycled or reused paper.
- We support a local independent business by utilising their services for website management.
- Now we are living 'on the road', we continue to strive to be as eco-friendly as possible, focussing on basics such as recycling, composting, sourcing food and energy usage (we are often living off-grid using our solar panel for our energy needs).
Each of the businesses listed on the directory have been chosen by us to reflect the ethos of the website. We do our best to check their details are accurate, but would encourage you to speak to suppliers personally before you book or buy from them. We cannot be held responsible for any misinformation displayed on the profile listings.