Lisa Rothwell-Young Ethical Fine Jewellery
Modern and contemporary designs inspired by the natural world
Who are we...
I care about the environment, where and whom things come from. I believe in voting with my feet, supporting businesses that do better, only buying things that I believe in, craftsmanship, & making things that last. Your rings should reflect your ethics and your story.
Lisa is a designer & goldsmith making ethical fine jewellery from her studio in South West Scotland. She uses only fairly traded and recycled metal, alongside responsibly sourced ethical gemstones, traceable Canadian, laboratory created or recycled, diamonds. Scottish gold and gemstones are available and Lisa can also remodel your old or heirloom jewellery into something new.
She works with the artists, musicians and writers, the lovers of the great outdoors, the people who aren’t afraid to be different and those with an environmental & social conscience. She will discuss the pros and cons of the different metals and gemstones, enabling you to make informed choices about your wedding, engagement or commitment rings.
A traditionally skilled hand maker Lisa may be, but her jewellery is modern and contemporary with much of her inspiration coming from the natural world and her clients stories.
Whether you choose a piece from one of Lisa’s collections, tweak an existing design or opt for a bespoke commission, you can be sure of a friendly & helpful response. You’ll work with Lisa from start to finish. Visitors to the studio, to discuss a bespoke piece or try on some rings, are always welcome. Please get in touch to make an appointment.
If you choose to commission a bespoke piece you’ll get to experience working with Lisa to create a design that’s unique to you. From discussing designs, to visiting her studio and choosing your gemstones, a bespoke commission is much more than just a piece of jewellery.
You could even spend the day with Lisa and make your own wedding rings.
- I use only fairly traded & recycled precious metals.
- My ethical, responsibly sourced and traceable coloured gemstones meet the principles of fair trade. I choose to work predominantly with gems from Sri Lanka and Tanzania as I feel the methods of mining do the least environmental damage whilst making a real difference to the miners.
- I use only traceable Canadian, laboratory or recycled, diamonds. I believe these are the best options. Canadian diamonds are traceable and the mines operate to some of the highest environmental standards in the world. Laboratory diamonds are materially exactly the same and avoid mining. Recycled diamonds are the most sustainable option and are sourced to order.
- You can recycle your own precious metal and stones (old or heirloom jewellery) to create something new.
- My metal and gemstone choices support artisan and small scale miners .
- Always vegan and cruelty free.
- My packaging is recycled and compostable.
- Additionally I recycle all of our postal packaging
Based in Scotland