Charming Jacboean manor house surrounded by fields and ancient woodland
Who are we...
Bore Place is a ‘not for profit’ organisation committed to being a model of sustainable living, learning and working. By holding your wedding at Bore Place, the legacy of your big day will live on. All profits from weddings held here are directed straight back into our educational courses and programmes to support young people.
Bore Place lies in the beautiful Kent countryside, just 25 miles from London. A charming, historic Jacobean manor house is the focal point of this rustic country estate. The house is surrounded by pretty gardens alive with flowers in the summer months, as well as 500 acres of rolling green fields and ancient woodlands. A walled garden enclosing a reflecting ornamental pond creates a stunning backdrop for your wedding.
We actively encourage you to use the house and grounds as your own to make your day just how you want. Get in touch to talk through any ideas you have and we’ll help you make the most of the space and bring your vision to life. We only hold a small number of weddings a year to ensure that we can give each one the attention it deserves. We will be on-hand throughout your planning and we offer support on the day to ensure you can relax and enjoy yourselves.
You can choose to have your wedding catered by us or arrange your own team. Our kitchen is passionate about simple, well-balanced food, using seasonal produce from our own organic farm and market gardens as well as locally-sourced organic food. We can tailor our menus to suit your style, budget and any dietary choices.
- We manage and process our own waste water and sewage biologically so it can be reintroduced straight back into our streams.
- We choose carefully what we buy to avoid and reduce waste, and we reuse, compost and recycle wherever possible.
- We are committed to minimising our energy consumption and to generating energy from our own resources. We have a wind turbine & PV panels onsite & manage our woods to provide woodchip for our heating and our hot water.
- We farm organically and truly believe in the benefits of eating organically, seasonally, locally-sourced food.
- We actively manage our woodlands, ponds, field edges and hedgerows to promote wildlife, and to support our protected species.
Located in Kent