Hand crafted paper flowers made from ethically produced saa paper
Who are we...
Paper Tree is a small, creative business that cares about producing beautifully hand-crafted products. Our range is designed or selected by company founder, Ann-Marie Edmondson.
Here at Paper Tree we create beautiful hand crafted paper flowers, featuring paper roses, lilies, orchids and sunflowers. The range includes bouquets, flower crowns and decorations.
Paper Tree is based just north of Brighton in West Sussex, England. All of our designs can be viewed on our website and we ship worldwide. We also create bespoke products for events, displays and promotions. Special commissions have included making miniature pear trees for Gucci and floral cake decorations for Duchy Originals. Our rose petals have enjoyed starring roles in the films 'Alexander' and 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire'.
Paper Tree endeavours to have high environmental and ethical standards. The key things we do to achieve this are;
1. Using sustainable materials to produce our goods. The paper used to make our flowers is Saa Paper, it is a sustainable resource made from the bark of the Mulberry tree which can be made into a natural paper without destroying the tree.
2. Using recycled materials. Our greeting cards and stationery are made using 100% post consumer waste recycled card.
3. Using FSC (Forestry Stewardship Council) certified materials. Our favour boxes are made from FSC certified card.
4. Most of our products are handcrafted either by ourselves or by our suppliers. This decreases the pollution used by machines and industrial processes and uses little energy.
5. We use paper and natural materials where possible, at the end of their use they are biodegradable or recyclable.
6. The Saa paper products that we have made overseas are made by a small family business. They have ethical working practices and provide valuable employment for local women.
7. We hand make or hand finish our products in the UK.
8. We recycle everything we can – paperwork, boxes and packaging.
9. We are members of 1% for the Planet which is an alliance of businesses financially committed to creating a healthy planet. We give 1% of our sales to environmental organisations.
Based in the UK